My Whiteboard

This is the whiteboard that my students see when they walk into my classroom. I tell them that this is the first thing they should look at! I want the students to become more independent and self-sufficient. Every day, I write:

Today: I write the procedures for the day (this prevents the students from asking me "what are we doing today?" This also shows them the order of activities. If they ask me, "what do I do now?" I tell them to look at the board.

Learning Target: This is the learning target for the project.

Need: They are expected to have these things at their desk by the time the bell rings. 

Jobs: My room  has seven tables that have four seats each. Each seat has a color, and each color has a job every day. The completion of the job is part of their grade. 

Comments

Post a Comment