Materials: clay, rolling pins, sticks (to keep the slabs even), templates, clay tools, underglazes, clear overglaze
1. The students rolled out a slab about .5'' thickness
2. They used a 5'' x 10'' template to cut around
3. They scored and slipped the bottom edge and...
4. The top edge underneath
5. Carefully, they attached the scored and slipped edges to form a cylinder
6. They gently shaped the cylinder into a triangle on one end
7. Then pinched it together and scored and slipped it before blending the seam with their fingers
9. The cups were left out to dry to leather hard, then painted with a few coats of underglaze. The students made stencils or carved designs in free-hand.