My Sketchbook

I've had a sketchbook for as long as I can remember. When I was in grade school, I filled up my notebooks with drawings of people and made up stories about them during class. I was kind of an odd kid I guess. I still keep a sketchbook today, and I have it with me most of the time. Here's a few pictures of it.

This is the cover. I taped pictures of art and things that I like or inspire me to it, like a Notkin teapot, a Julia Galloway pitcher, a big pill, red coral, and the smokestacks from BGSU to name a few.



Here's some ideas for pots I have. Sometimes, I write ideas down on post-it notes, or napkins, or random bits of paper and I just tape them in as-is. Sometimes, I look at my ideas later and hate them and cross them out.


I also cut out pictures of pots I like.


I keep glaze recipes and other technical things, like this Molly Hatch article on mishima, in the back.


I'm pretty attached to my sketchbook. I don't really think this is normal, but I just like it so much!

Comments